Are you looking to deepen your Kundalini Yoga practice?
Join Lighthouse Yoga Center’s 40-hour Kundalini Yoga Immersion Program. This course will meet once a month in early 2018, from 1-5 pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Sadhana will start at 5 pm each Sunday as well. We’re offering this course as a way for Kundalini Yoga students and teachers to deepen their practice and hone their skills. Hatha Yoga teachers who want to start to add some elements of Kundalini Yoga and Meditation into their practice and teaching will also find it useful. The goal of the program is to develop an understanding of the basic principles of Kundalini Yoga as Taught by Yogi Bhajan. With this knowledge, you will be able to maintain a steady home practice and begin to share this technology with others. Please note that this program does not replace the full 220-hour KRI Level One Teacher Certification Program, but will provide an excellent foundation for anyone who would like to enter our 2017 teacher training program.
- How does Kundalini Yoga work? Understanding the chakras, 10 Bodies, meridians, and physiology of the body.
- The power of sound: The meaning and pronunciation of key mantras
- Staying true to your body: A 7-day cleanse
- The alchemy of the practice: Learning specific benefits of postures and kriyas
- Keep Up!: Committing to a 40-day practice
- Transformation: How do we learn to respond, not react? And other great benefits of the practice.
Who is this program for?
- Kundalini Yoga students looking to deepen their practice
- Students considering enrolling in a Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training but would like to have better grounding in the basics
- Hatha Yoga teachers who would like to incorporate some Kundalini Yoga into their toolbox
- Kundalini Yoga teachers who are looking to brush up on the teachings
- Anyone and everyone who is interested in practicing Kundalini Yoga!
What will be covered?
- An overview of Kundalini Yoga, its history and background
- Pranayam, mantra, mudras, bandhas
- Postures and how they affect the body and mind
- How to start (and continue!) a 40-day practice
- Yogic diet
- An introduction to the Chakras and 10 Bodies (yogic anatomy)
Why enroll in this program?
- Self-exploration and self-mastery–break the habits and patterns that tie you down
- Build community
- Deepen your relationships with yourself and others
- Move beyond the confines of studio classes
- And more and more and more…..
February 3-4, 2018
March 3-4, 2018
April 14-15, 2018
May 11-12, 2018
We will meet from 1-5 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Julie Eisenberg (Jiwan Shakti Kaur) is a Level 2 (500-hour) Kundalini Yoga Instructor and an Associate Teacher Trainer. Julie opened Lighthouse Yoga Center to create a venue in which Kundalini Yoga and Meditation as Taught by Yogi Bhajan can flourish and be shared in the Washington, DC area. She has taught nationally and has hosted several Level 1 and Level 2 Kundalini Teacher Trainings at Lighthouse Yoga Center.