The first week of March, Lighthouse is offering a special series of Kundalini Yoga events that is guaranteed to lift your spirits and leave you feeling connected and at peace.
We often talk about Kundalini Yoga as being a “cumulative” practice: the more you do it, the better you feel. And when you practice a lot in a concentrated stretch of time, the effects are exacerbated. This is why we offer DAILY Kundalini Yoga and Meditation classes at Lighthouse, as well as retreats, trainings, and workshops.
Our 2018 Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training program kicks off on March 9, In preparation, and to celebrate some special events, we’re launching a 5-day Kundalini Challenge. We encourage you to attend as many of our special (and regular!) offerings as possible during these days–and see what happens!
No promises, of course, but we’ll wager a bet that at least a few things in your life will shift!
Thursday, March 1, regular 7:15 pm Kundalini Yoga class with Gong, followed by Full Moon Meditation at 8:30 pm
- What is the Full Moon Meditation? The gravitational pull of the moon heightens the power of our meditation. Join us for a by-donation 31-minute meditation practice to harness the effects of the moon. If you can’t make it for the class, doors open at 8:25 pm for the meditation.
Saturday March 3, Day 1 of Three Days of Sadhana, 5-7:30 am (free)
- In Kundalini yoga tradition, it is said that the soul chooses the mother and enters the body 120 days after conception. The baby is said to experience the same benefits of yoga and meditation as the mother while it is in the womb. As an expecting mother, Lighthouse teacher Hillary Johnson is excited to prepare herself for motherhood and to enable her child to thrive and find fulfillment as it enters this world and grows.What more beautiful way to welcome a soul into the world than the sacred practice of Aquarian Sadhana in the days leading up to and following its arrival? Aquarian Sadhana includes a recitation of sacred text, physical yoga postures to warm and prepare the body, and an hour of chanting meditation. Meditation in the ambrosial hours has numerous benefits, including that it may clear karma of current or past lives. We invite you to join Hillary and the Lighthouse community in practicing Aquarian Sadhana on March 3, 4 and 5th, as she prepare herself to welcome her child’s soul and celebrate its arrival.
Saturday March 3, Workshop with Harnam: Awakening Your Creative Fire: Painting Your Personal Mandala, 2-4 PM
- “Creativity is to the Soul what Breathing is to the Body” – Harnam. It’s time to breathe some magic into your world and “own” your inner artist. Pick up a brush and experience the joy and empowerment of your own creativity. Whether its your first time or you are a pro, this workshop is for everybody. Nothing connects us to the Divine like being creative – the creator wants you to create! Don’t miss this unique opportunity to delve into the mystery of mandala – the Sacred Wheel of Life. This is a perfect opportunity to reflect upon the changes you are experiencing and channel a vision of your personal transformation into your mandala. Everybody will complete their own mandala, filled with beautiful and uplifting energy to take home and enjoy. Side effects include – big smiles, glowing auras, and gorgeous paintings. See details here.
Sunday March 4, Sadhana, 5-7:30 am
- Day 2 of our Three Days of Sadhana. Then come back for our regularly-scheduled 11:30 am class!
Monday March 5, Sadhana, 5-7:30 am
- Day 3 of our Three Days of Sadhana. Can you keep up? Then we wrap the five day challenge up with our regularly-scheduled 7:15 pm class.
Kundalini Yoga and Meditation class schedule:
- Sundays 11:30 am
- Mondays 7:15 pm
- Tuesdays 6:30 am
- Wednesdays 9:30 am
- Thursdays 6:30 am
- Thursdays 7:15 pm (with gong!)
- Fridays 4:30 pm (just $10 drop-in!)
- Saturdays 10:30 am (with gong!)
Register for classes online. Or just show up–we always make room!