2019 Kundalini Yoga Immersion Program
Join us for this powerful Kundalini Yoga experience – perfect for all levels of experience.
Lighthouse Yoga Center’s unique Kundalini Yoga Immersion Program offers you insight into this powerful practice, guiding you on the mat and helping you craft a home practice or learn to incorporate elements of Kundalini Yoga into your other yoga teachings. Register here.
Are you looking to deepen your Kundalini Yoga practice?
Join Lighthouse Yoga Center’s 40-hour Kundalini Yoga Immersion Program. This course will meet once a month in 2019, from 1-5 pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Sadhana will start at 5 pm each Sunday and we require attendance at a minimum of 3 Sadhanas to successfully complete the course.
We offer this immersion as a way for Kundalini Yoga students and teachers to deepen their practice and hone their skills. Hatha Yoga teachers who want to start to add some elements of Kundalini Yoga and Meditation into their practice and teaching will also find it useful. The goal of the program is to develop an understanding of the basic principles of Kundalini Yoga as Taught by Yogi Bhajan. With this knowledge, you will be able to maintain a steady home practice and begin to share this technology with others. Please note that this program does not replace the full 220-hour KRI Level One Teacher Certification Program, but will provide an excellent foundation for anyone who would like to enter a future teacher training program.
- How does Kundalini Yoga work? Understanding the chakras, 10 Bodies, meridians, and physiology of the body.
- The power of sound: The meaning and pronunciation of key mantras
- The alchemy of the practice: Learning specific benefits of postures and kriyas
- Keep Up!: Committing to a 40-day home practice
- Transformation: How do we learn to respond, not react? And other great benefits of the practice.
Who is this program for?
- Kundalini Yoga students looking to deepen their practice
- Students considering enrolling in a Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training but would like to have better grounding in the basics
- Hatha Yoga teachers who would like to incorporate some Kundalini Yoga into their toolbox
- Kundalini Yoga teachers who are looking to brush up on the teachings
- Anyone and everyone who is interested in practicing Kundalini Yoga!
What will be covered?
- An overview of Kundalini Yoga, its history and background
- Pranayam, mantra, mudras, bandhas
- Postures and how they affect the body and mind
- How to start (and continue!) a 40-day homw practice
- Yogic diet
- An introduction to the Chakras and 10 Bodies (yogic anatomy)
Why enroll in this program?
- Self-exploration and self-mastery–break the habits and patterns that tie you down
- Build community
- Deepen your relationships with yourself and others
- Move beyond the confines of studio classes
- And more and more and more…..
- April 6-7
- May 11-12
- June 1-2
- July 13-14
We will meet from 1-5 pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Sadhana is from 5-7:30 am on Sunday and students are required to attend a minimum of 3 Sadhanas to complete the course.
Early registration, before March 15: $595 general, $525 members.
Registering for both the Immersion and Sada Sat Kaur’s Mantra workshop? Save $95 off the total price if registered for both by March 1.
Full cost: $675 general, $605 members
Lighthouse Yoga Center Kundalini Teacher Training Graduates pay $325.
Email us for your discount codes.
Julie Eisenberg (Jiwan Shakti Kaur) is a Level 2 (500-hour) Kundalini Yoga Instructor and a Professional-level Teacher Trainer. Julie opened Lighthouse Yoga Center to create a venue in which Kundalini Yoga and Meditation as Taught by Yogi Bhajan can flourish and be shared in the Washington, DC area. She has taught nationally and has hosted several Level 1 and Level 2 Kundalini Teacher Trainings at Lighthouse Yoga Center.