Y.O.G.A. for Youth Training with Krishna Kaur
July 17-21, 2019
Krishna will be teaching a public class in DC on Monday July 22. Stay tuned for details.
The Y.O.G.A. for Youth mission is to provide urban youth with tools of self discovery that foster hope, discipline and respect for self, others and community. Our curriculum addresses major components associated with diminishing fear, the root cause of anger, and increasing a belief in their own greatness. We are committed to alleviating violence, vandalism, substance abuse, obesity, eating disorders, teen pregnancy, sexual assault, bullying, suicide, poor grades and other self defeating behaviors that are prevalent among today’s youth.
Led by the acclaimed yoga activist, level 2 master yoga teacher and trainer, Krishna Kaur Khalsa E-RYT, the Y.O.G.A. for Youth Teacher Training program is one of the oldest and most distinguished youth yoga programs in the world.
Check out this recent Huffington Post article on Y.O.G.A. for Youth!
Y.O.G.A. for Youth Teacher Training in Washington, DC
Dates: Wednesday July 17 to Sunday July 22, 2019. The course will meet from 8:30 am to 6 pm daily Wednesday through Saturday and 8:30 am to 4:30 pm on Sunday.
Embrace Yoga DC, 1650 Columbia Road NW, Adams Morgan
Please note that street parking is limited. We ask that you bike, walk, ride share or take public transportation.
About the Training
The Y.O.G.A. for Youth curriculum translates ancient scientific yogic tools into a language youth can understand and apply to daily life. Unique programs have been designed to combat a myriad of issues that plague our youth today including stress, anger, depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, poor concentration and obesity.
This training program is not just for yoga teachers! Consider registering for the training if…
- You are the PARENT OR GUARDIAN of an adolescent or pre-adolescent who wants to develop better communication strategies for challenging times
- You are a TEACHER (academic, yoga, adult-ed, or other) who wants new and highly effective strategies for directing and elevating your class at moments when things feel out of control, stuck, or just not going right.
- You are in a LEADERSHIP role and looking for creative ways to reach those who seek guidance from you…or those who don’t want to seek guidance from you!
- You work or volunteer with YOUTH or at-risk/troubled youth…or if you have hopes of working or volunteering with kids someday.
- You want to make a positive change in the FUTURE of children whom most of us cast aside…and thus in the future of general society
- You want to study with Krishna Kaur, an INSPIRING and EXPERIENCED teacher and community leader who founded Y.O.G.A. for Youth and the International Association of Black Yoga Teachers.
Embark upon an unforgettable forty (40) hour intensive training series that will elevate your consciousness and your practice. This training explores some of the most effective approaches to presenting asanas and kriyas to youth. It will enhance your teaching ability and expand your knowledge of yoga across multiple disciplines. The main area of focus will be on developing tools that will assist you in translating ancient yogic principals into a language youth can understand and apply to their daily lives without diminishing its powerful effects. This training prepares you to deliver specialized programming for under-served, “at-risk” and traumatized youth populations, including incarcerated youth. Elevate your personal practice and the young people that you will serve through the Y.O.G.A. for Youth Teacher Training – a program scientifically proven to deliver “significant results” according to Dr. Sat Bir Singh Khalsa, Harvard University.
Benefits of this training:
- Multiple Yoga Discipline Integration
- Secured Facility Preparation & Protocol
- Cultural and Social Sensitivity Development
- Age and Gender Specific Class Formats
- Specialized Program for “At Risk”, Troubled and Traumatized Youth
- Complimentary Y.O.G.A. for Youth Curriculum © Guide
- Hands-On Class Format & Development
- Yoga Alliance Approved CEU’s
Why Y.O.G.A. for Youth?
- Access to the Y.O.G.A. for Youth Support Network
- Y.O.G.A. for Youth Teacher Placement Opportunities*
- Y.O.G.A. for Youth Teaching Mentorship Programs*
- Internationally Accredited Program
- Scientifically Proven Curriculum
- Led & Developed by One of the Most Sought-After Master Yoga Teacher Trainers in the World
- Proceeds for Y.O.G.A. for Youth Teacher Trainings Directly Support the Non-Profit Organization’s Youth Programs & Services Worldwide
Who Should Attend?
- All Level Yoga Teachers from Any Discipline
- Youth Facilitators
- Youth Group Leaders
- Youth Counselors & Therapists
- Youth Case Managers
- Pediatricians & Nurses
- School Teachers & Aids
- Youth-Oriented Volunteers & Supporters
Early bird registration: $695 before July 1, 2019
Total price is $795, payable in full before the start of the program. The price includes text books and required course materials.
$200 deposit is non-refundable. No refunds after the course starts.
Registration will open in early 2019.