Welcome to Our Blog
Here you will find various articles and updates about events, workshops & retreats.
Grand Opening Party
Friday April 5, 6-8 pm
We’ll open our doors to the community with food, music, vendors, and more.
Class cards will be on sale, and there will be a drawing for wonderful prizes.
Stop by with your family between 6 and 8 pm to meet us, greet us, and see our beautiful space. Our teachers, owner and manager will all be on hand to introduce themselves and answer your questions. You can learn about our expanded offerings and special classes and maybe even be inspired to try some yoga!
Please note that Lighthouse is a vegetarian, drug- and alcohol-free space. This is an all-ages event. We encourage you to support our neigbhoring businesses to enjoy a full dinner or drinks afterwards!
Soup Up for high-quality soups, salads and small bites.
Anxo Cidery for great veggie and vegan options as well as house-brewed ciders.
L’Enfant Florist is a secret coffee shop with great coffee and tea options.
- A diverse schedule for all levels.
- New teachers include some of DC’s most well-loved instructors such as Hannah Allerdice Bricker,Kristina Maze and Holly Meyers, as well as long-time favorites Melanie Williams, Julie Eisenberg (Jiwan Shakti Kaur) and Meredith McCullough.
- We’re offering ten weekly Kundalini classes, a variety of Hatha, Vinyasa and Restorative classes at different levels, and we’re adding a Sunday afternoon Pilates class.
- FAMILY YOGA! One of our big changes is that we’re offering multiple weekly family and kids classes in partnership with Breathing Space, a DC-based organization that specializes in family yoga. Series start at the end of March and registration is now open! (Please direct all inquiries about kids and family yoga to Breathing Space and not to Lighthouse).
- We’ll continue to focus on QUALITY and COMMUNITY, so you always feel at home and know you’re in good hands.
Lighthouse Yoga Center is Opening at 502 Kennedy St. NW! The work is finally completed and we're getting ready to move in. Kennedy Street is a warm, welcoming neighborhood, easily accessed on numerous bus lines and not too far from the Fort Totten and Georgia...read more
Lighthouse Yoga Center is moving to Kennedy Street! After 6 months operating out of borrowed space, we have signed a lease for a new, permanent home on 5th and Kennedy Streets NW. The new studio will be among the most beautiful in DC (trust us on this!) with wonderful...read more
Are you new to yoga? Or a sometimes-practioner looking to understand the basics? This beginner yoga series is perfect for you! Join us for this 6-week course to learn the basics of yoga with Meredith McCullough - Series starts on March 19 Tuesdays 6:15-7:30 pm, March...read more
New 5-week Kundalini Yoga Series to learn to let go of what isn't serving you. Kundalini Yoga for Letting Go and Moving OnKundalini Yoga offers us many tools to navigate change and transitions.Sign up for classes here. Planning on just attending this series? Purchase...read more
Lighthouse Yoga Center is thrilled to introduce you to our new manager: Jazmín González Moya. Jazmín will be helping out with day to day tasks at the studio and will be actively assisting us in our growth. If you need to reach her, you can email Jazmin at...read more