Welcome to Our Blog
Here you will find various articles and updates about events, workshops & retreats.
Join Us Outside!
Lighthouse now offers weekly weather-dependent, physically-distant yoga
Saturdays at 10:00 am: Flow w/Emily
Sundays at 10:00 am: Flow w/Colleen
Sundays at 3 pm: Community Kundalini
Classes will meet at Fort Slocum Park, near Oglethorpe between 3rd Street and 2nd Place.
Plenty of free, on-street parking.
Bundle up – and prepare to move your body to stay warm!
Register for the classes here.
How it Works
For everyone’s safety, it’s important that you read and understand the procedures:
- Pre-registration is required. No-one will be admitted who hasn’t signed up.
- No on-site transactions or registration.
- Because capacity is limited, no-shows and late cancellations may be charged for a full class. This includes members. For late cancels, right now we’re asking for a 2-hour window, but this may change. We’ll notify you of changes to this policy.
- Mats need to be at least 6 feet apart.
- Masks on! at least until you’re on your on mats.
- Bring your own mats and props.
- Teachers will stay on their mats and there won’t be any hands-on adjustments,
- Mosquitoes may be an issue, so be prepared.
- There are no restrooms onsite.
- Please bring hand-sanitizer and anything else you need to stay safe! And did we mention that you have to pre-register?
- Not feeling great? Don’t come.
Weather cancellations will be emailed out 1-2 hours before class, but keep an eye on the online schedule as well. If you signed up with a drop-in or 10-class card and the class is canceled, you’ll automatically be credited for use in another class.
21-Day Yoga Challenge! We're counting down to the election and things are a little stressful. There's no better way to stay centered and stress-free than committing to a regular yoga practice. We're here to help, and now we're giving you the incentive to keep coming...
Join us for our Fall Book Club, to keep our community outreach and racial justice work alive. Saturday December 5, noon to 1:30 pm Live meeting at Lighthouse for a small group (fingers crossed), with Zoom options available for overflow. Register here for Zoom. If it...
Join us for a special 6-week prenatal series for expectant moms. Dates: Wednesdays 6:15-7:30 pm Next Session: October 28 to December 9; no class Nov. 25 Cost: $100 for the full series / members save 25% Register here. (Please scroll down). Prenatal yoga is not just a...
On-Site Small Group Yoga Series After assessing the Covid situation in our community, Lighthouse has made the decisiont to start to slowly phase in some limited, small on-site group classes. We've asked some of our very popular teachers to come in and teach multi-week...
Sleepless Nights and How to Manage Them Learn techniques to regain adequate rest in these tumultuous times. Sunday November 1, 3-5 pm ONLINE Teacher: Nandi Gabremedhin Cost: $35 general / $25 members. Register here. It has been six months of adjusting to a new normal....