Donation Classes to Benefit Ward 4 Mutual Aid
Join our Hatha Yoga Teacher Training participants for a celebration of Spring and transformation. Over the course of nine Sunday afternoons, our dedicated teacher trainees are solidifying their transformation and birth as new Hatha yoga instructors.
Enjoy outdoor, socially distanced yoga classes at the beautiful Fort Slocum Park, just a few blocks from Lighthouse Yoga Center.
These classes are free, but you can offer a donation when you sign up. All donations will benefit Ward 4 Mutual Aid, a local organization that has been providing direct cash and material assistance to our Ward 4 neighbors in need.
Preregistration for class is required – our apologies, but there are no exceptions to this rule. Capacity is limited to 10 people, and masks on until you’re on your mat.
Sign up here.
Dates & Times:
Sunday, April 11, 3:00
Sunday, April 18, 3:00
Sunday, April 25, 3:00
Sunday, May 2, 3:00
Sunday, May 9, 3:00—Special Mother’s Day Class: caregivers and parents encouraged to bring children.
Sunday, May 16, 3:00
Sunday, May 23, 3:00
Sunday, May 30, 3:00
Sunday, June 6, 3:00
Bring your yoga mat/blanket for safe social distance practice with mats 8 feet apart and masks required away from your mat. You may bring props, an extra blanket to lay beneath your mat, bug spray, essential oils, water, or anything else that brings you comfort. Keep in mind that there is no bathroom on site!
We hope to see you on the mat.
Amy, Kate, Martha, Nandi, and Theresa
Classes will meet at Fort Slocum Park, near Oglethorpe between 3rd Street and 2nd Place.
Plenty of free, on-street parking.
Register for the classes here.
How it Works
For everyone’s safety, it’s important that you read and understand the procedures:
- Pre-registration is required. No-one will be admitted who hasn’t signed up.
- No on-site transactions or registration.
- Because capacity is limited, no-shows and late cancellations may be charged for a full class. This includes members. For late cancels, right now we’re asking for a 2-hour window, but this may change. We’ll notify you of changes to this policy.
- Mats need to be at least 6 feet apart.
- Masks on! at least until you’re on your on mats.
- Bring your own mats and props.
- Teachers will stay on their mats and there won’t be any hands-on adjustments,
- Mosquitoes may be an issue, so be prepared.
- There are no restrooms onsite.
- Please bring hand-sanitizer and anything else you need to stay safe! And did we mention that you have to pre-register?
- Not feeling great? Don’t come.
Weather cancellations will be emailed out 1-2 hours before class, but keep an eye on the online schedule as well. The schedule will accurately show the status of the class – so if it’s on the schedule, it’s happening!
If you signed up with a drop-in or 10-class card and the class is canceled, you’ll automatically be credited for use in another class.