Summer Kundalini Yoga Retreat: Manifesting Abundance
August 28-30, 2020
Blue Mountain Retreat Center
Knoxville, Maryland (Near Harper’s Ferry)
Join Lighthouse Yoga Center owner Julie Eisenberg (Jiwan Shakti Kaur) for an early-fall Kundalini Yoga getaway to beautiful Blue Mountain Retreat Center. The start of fall is a great time to clear out what we don’t want to carry with us and to begin to focus on bringing into our lives that which DOES serve us. This gives us the opportunity to open ourselves up to ABUNDANCE.
Abundance doesn’t mean that we have a lot of everything; it means that we have enough of what we need to survive and be healthy, happy and holy. During this weekend retreat, we’ll focus on manifesting abundance in our lives. Whether we’re looking for and abundance of love, light, prosperity, health, or happiness, we’ll collectively create the vibrations to make this happen!
Join us for 3 days/2 nights of Kundalini Yoga and Meditation, relaxation, hiking, companionship and great food.
No Kundalini Yoga experience is required.
The Location: Blue Mountain Retreat Center
Blue Mountain is convenient to both Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD – about 75 minutes driving time – yet after you arrive and settle in, you feel like you have been transported to the midst of a forest. The secret is the 27 acres of mostly wooded land, just a mile downhill to the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers and the C & O Canal. The surrounding woods and water make for a peaceful winter getaway.
If the weather cooperates, you can take a hike on the nearby Appalachian Trail or go next door for a horseback ride. Inclement days? Cozy up to one of the fireplaces, or connect with Blue Mountain owner Beth Ehrhardt, a licensed massage therapist, for some relaxing body work.
The retreat center shares 27 acres of property with Ehrhardt Organic Farm, which has been selling high quality, organic berries, vegetables, herbs and flowers to restaurants, at farmer’s markets and thru their CSA since 1981. Beth prepares delicious, organic home-cooked meals, sourced from her farm as much as possible, to retreat participants. Vegan and gluten-free options are available.
Massage appointments are available on-site. Massage cost is $80/hour.
What people have said about our Blue Mountain Retreats:
“I’m writing to express my appreciation and gratitude for a rigorous, vigorous, and vibrant retreat experience at your Blue Mountain retreat last weekend! As an older person who experienced kundalini yoga for the first time, it was, I admit, a bit of a shock. But your expertise, encouragement and balanced approach inspired me to ‘stretch’ and take care of myself at the same time.” SG, 8/2018
Registration Is Now Open
We’re running this retreat taking into account Maryland-mandated Covid-prevention restrictions, including:
- Attendance will be limited.
- We’ll hold as many classes outside as possible, and we should be able to eat at least some of meals out on the deck as well.
- We can keep windows in the yoga room open to facilitate circulation, and hand-cleaning measures and masks when appropriate will be required.
- If you start feeling sick before the start of the retreat, you’ll be entitled to a refund or credit.
- We’re considering requiring a Covid test 72 hours prior to the start of the retreat (to be determined).
Arrive Friday August 28 between 2 and 4 pm to settle in.
- 4:30 pm: Yoga and Meditation
- 6:30 pm: Organic, home cooked dinner.
- Evening: Intro session in yoga room, with chanting.
- 6:30 am: Early morning yoga (optional)
- 8:00 am: Breakfast.
- 10:00 am: Yoga
- 12:30 pm: Organic home cooked lunch.
- Afternoon: Free for outdoor or indoor activities. The yoga room will be available for personal practice.
- 4:00 pm: Yoga and Meditation
- 6:30 pm: Organic home cooked dinner
- Evening: Chanting, medititation, community time
- 5:00 am: Sadhana
- 8:00 am: Breakfast
- 10:00 am: Yoga and Meditation
- 12:30 pm: lunch, clean up, pack up, departure after lunch
Price includes two nights lodging, all meals and classes. Bedding and towels are provided.
- $475 for shared room and shared bathroom.
- $525 for single room and shared bathroom.
If you want to share a room with a specific person, please indicate that when you register.
If you are unable to attend the retreat, your cancellation request must be received in writing via email to [email protected] least 30 days prior to the start of the retreat in order to receive a full refund excluding a $50 administrative fee.
Cancellation requests received after 30 days prior but before 14 days prior to the retreat start are eligible for a partial refund minuse a $200 administrative fee.
Cancellation requests received within 14 days prior to the retreat are not eligible for refunds or credits, unless you can find someone to take your spot. Paid registrations are transferable to another individual at any time and are not subject to administrative fees.