Lighthouse Yoga Center is Opening at 502 Kennedy St. NW!
The work is finally completed and we’re getting ready to move in. Kennedy Street is a warm, welcoming neighborhood, easily accessed on numerous bus lines and not too far from the Fort Totten and Georgia Avenue/Petworth Metro stations.
The new location has two beautiful studios, each with natural light, soundproofing, and comfortable cork floors.
Check out our schedule and sign up for classes!
- We will be offering up to 8 daily classes to start, and we plan to expand the schedule soon.
- New teachers include some of DC’s most well-loved instructors such as Hannah Allerdice Bricker,Kristina Maze and Holly Meyers, as well as long-time favorites Melanie Williams, Julie Eisenberg (Jiwan Shakti Kaur) and Meredith McCullough.
- We’re offering ten weekly Kundalini classes, a variety of Hatha, Vinyasa and Restorative classes at different levels, and we’re adding a Sunday afternoon Pilates class.
- We invite beginners to sign up for our Yoga Fundamentals Series, which starts on Marcy 19 and meets for 6 weeks. This is a great way to learn the basics of a safe and effective yoga practice.
- FAMILY YOGA! One of our big changes is that we’re offering multiple weekly family and kids classes in partnership with Breathing Space, a DC-based organization that specializes in family yoga. Series start at the end of March and registration is now open! (Please direct all inquiries about kids and family yoga to Breathing Space and not to Lighthouse).
- We’ll continue to focus on QUALITY and COMMUNITY, so you always feel at home and know you’re in good hands.
Do You Want Free Yoga?
We’re looking for new work/trade volunteers (sevadars) for variety of tasks, primarily weekends and evenings. Seva – or selfless service – is the yoga of giving back and helps small businesses survive with community support. If you’d like to help out at the studio in exchange for free yoga, please contact Jazmín. (Priority is given to people who live near Kennedy Street.)
Take Advantage of our Grand Opening Sale!
For the next week we’ll be discounting our monthly membership to $88/month for unlimited classes! You can check out our other Pre-Opening deals here. Not sure you want to commit? Our New Student Pass is just $30 for two weeks of yoga.
Celebrate with Us!
Stay tuned for information about our Grand Opening Party on Friday evening April 5.