Our next RYT-200 Hatha Teacher Training starts in January 2016. The training will be led by Naomi Gottlieb-Miller. We will meet one weekend a month for 10 months, and this year the training includes a weekend retreat!
Proper alignment. Intelligent sequencing. Creative class planning. Therapeutics. Practice teaching. Lighthouse’s Hatha Yoga Teacher Training is unique and effective.
To apply, please download and complete the attached HYTT application 2016. Space is limited, so please contact us immediately if you’re interested in joining this program.
Want to see a first-person account of our 2014 teacher training? Check out this short video by Maya Cole, a recent LYC HYTT grad.
Yoga teacher training is the opportunity to deepen your practice and prepare you to communicate and teach what you love about yoga to others. This program will teach you how to offer hatha yoga classes with an authentic voice supported by a clear, creative and intelligent alignment-focus.
Course requirements include attendance at 90% of group training sessions, a regular hatha yoga practice both at home and in studio classes, a teaching practicum, a final project, and successful completion of a final exam. Studio classes can be at Lighthouse (trainees are eligible for a discounted membership pass) or at another studio with an alignment-oriented teacher.
Over the course of this program you will learn the basic skills and tools you will need to begin teaching yoga:
- Increase your knowledge the elements of a well-rounded yoga practice including yoga poses, fundamental yoga philosophy, basic pranayama and meditation techniques.
- Learn about the subtler energies, which inform asana, pranayama and meditation, as well as how to use those to better perform and teach those practices.
- Study musculoskeletal anatomy and learn basic therapeutics to assist students of all levels and needs.
- Learn how to articulate alignment principles and actions with clarity to effectively and safely lead students through their practice. You will also learn helpful sequencing strategies to plan classes that inspire and empower your students.
- Learn modifications and variations for teaching multiple levels of students in the same class, as well as how to address those with injuries.
- Learn how to observe students individually, as well as how to observe the energy of the group, to discern how best to address and assist them.
- Practice offering verbal and physical assists with sensitivity and strength.
- Learn how to incorporate meaningful, relatable themes into your yoga classes as method to create connection between the yoga practice and the way we move through life.
- Discover your ability to take the seat of the teacher with confidence and integrity.
At Lighthouse, we believe that it takes time to absorb and process the material that is taught in a teacher training program, and for that reason our program extends over ten months. We will meet one weekend a month, on Friday evenings from 6-9 pm, Saturdays and Sundays from 1-7 pm.
New in 2016: we have added a weekend retreat, so we can all escape our daily routines and focus on our yoga! (One of the weekends below will be designated as the retreat).
Not sure if a teacher training is for you? Check out this great article about some of the unexpected benefits of a yoga teacher training program.
April 29-May 1
September 16-18 (retreat)
Pay in full prior to January 29: $3200 (check or money order, please).
The total price of the course includes the deposit as well as the full cost of the retreat, excluding transportation (a $500 value!). When you register, we ask that you indicate your preferred payment option. Please note that we request payment by check or money order. Credit charges will incur a small surcharge.
Payment Plan Option A:
$500 deposit at application
-$475 due January 29
-$475 due February 26
-$475 due April 1
-$475 due June 3
-$475 due July 8
-$475 due August 12
Payment plan Option B:
$500 deposit at application
-$700 due January 29
-$700 due February 26
-$700 due April 1
$700 due June 3
Payments are due on the Friday of each designated weekend. Payments not received prior to the end of the weekend will be assessed an additional $50 surcharge.
Deposit is non-refundable. There are no refunds/credits once the course begins.