Going Deeper: A Hatha Yoga Immersion Program
January 21-April 15 2023
Led by Tara Lemerise, assisted by Rebecca Henry
Are you looking to go deeper into your yoga practice? Are you a yoga teacher interested in broadening your understanding of yoga history, philosophy, and spiritual teachings? This immersion program is designed to take you under the asana (poses) to the deep and wide foundations of yoga. Join the 2023 class of Hatha Yoga teachers-in-training for select weekends of the program for an illuminating exploration of the philosophy and history of yoga.
The sessions in this program are primarily lecture, discussion, and reflection with little to no asana (posture) practice. We will do pranayama (breathwork) and meditation.
The program will include:
– All workshops/YTT weekend trainings listed below
– Access to recordings of all weekends for the duration of the training
– A total of 34 Yoga Alliance Continuing education credits and/or a training completion certificate
-Access to Tara and Rebecca for questions, and further discussion
– A discount on additional YTT associated workshops
-A binder and all handouts associated with each section
-Copies of the following texts:
- Light on the Yoga Sūtras of Patañjali by B.K.S. Iyengar
- The Bhagavad Gita: The Song of God Retold in Simplified English by Edward Viljoen
- The Upanishads translation and commentary by Eknath Easwaran
- The Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Svatmarama, translated by Brian Dana Akers
- The Shiva Samhita: A Critical Edition and English Translation by James Mallinson
- The Gheranda Samhita: The Original Sanskrit and English Translation by James Mallinson
- The Stories Behind the Poses: The Indian mythology that inspired 50 yoga postures by Raj Balkaran
$625 general/$610 members
Early Bird, sign up, pay in full (cash or check only) by Jan 5 and save: $600
Payment plan: $650 general/$635 members total
- $200 due at sign up
- $200 due before Feb 11
- $250/$235 due before March 6
First $200 is considered non-refundable deposit. No refunds after course starts.
Sign up here! Email Rebecca for early bird payment, or with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
January 21, 1-7:30 pm – Online with replay available
5 Fridays, February 3-March 3, 7:30-8:30pm, online with replay available
Saturday, February 11, 1-5 pm – Online with replay available
Compassion Cultivation with Brandel France de Bravo (3-5 pm)
Saturday, February 25, 1-7:30 pm – Online with replay available
Pranayama and The Vayus (4:30-7:30 pm)
4 Mondays March 6-24th, 7-8:30pm – online or in-person with replay available
Friday, April 14, 6-9 pm – Online with replay available
Saturday, April 15, 1-7:30 pm – Online with replay available
And join our YTT students as they practice teach during our Sundays Community Yoga Class
From April 23 to June 18 (no class May 28), 3-5 pm
Immersion Students will also recieve a 20% discount coupon code for all of our 2023 Hatha YTT associated workshops, including:
Teaching to the Pregnant Yogi : A Workshop for Yoga Teachers
Yoga for Pelvic Floor Health
Lighthouse’s Mission: To uplift and empower ourselves and each other to create a more free, fair, just, and equitable world through yoga, meditation, and community. We collectively work for social, racial and economic justice.
Lighthouse’s Vision: To create a diverse, inclusive and safe space for people to come together to heal. We oppose all forms of racism, sexism, heterosexism, and any other form of discrimination or treatment of one another as less than equal.
Spread the Light.
Be the Change.
We are located at
502 Kennedy Street NW
Washington, DC 20011