Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
January 20 to June 18, 2023
Led by Tara Lemerise.
Assisted by Rebecca Henry and Machelle Lee.
For inquiries and to sign up, please email Rebecca, email@example.com
Deepen your practice and learn to take your seat as a yoga teacher in a confident and authentic way with our in-depth 6-month Hatha Yoga Teacher Training.
In this program, you will:
- Increase your knowledge of the elements of a well-rounded yoga practice including yoga poses, fundamental yoga philosophy, basic pranayama and meditation techniques.
- Explore the subtler energies, which inform asana, pranayama and meditation, as well as how to use those to deepen your experiences and teach those practices effectively.
- Study musculoskeletal anatomy in order to sequence classes in a bio-mechanically sound way.
- Articulate alignment principles and actions with clarity to effectively and safely lead students of all levels and needs through a practice.
- Plan creative, authentic classes that inspire, empower, and educate your students.
- Discover your ability to take the seat of the teacher with confidence and integrity.
- Learn in a community-based studio with passionate teachers and fellow students who are invested in your success.
Course requirements include:
- Live attendance at 90% of group training sessions (missed hours will need to be made up either through replays or one on one with teachers)
- A regular Hatha yoga practice both at home and a minimum of 20 in-studio Hatha Yoga classes and 5 Kundalini Yoga classes*
- Homework assignments between weekends
- Completion of a minimum 12 hr Yoga related elective course approved by Tara (online or in-person at Lighthouse or elsewhere)
- A teaching practicum
- Successful completion of a final independent project.
*Studio classes must be at Lighthouse (trainees are eligible for a discounted membership pass)
- Yoga: The Greater Tradition by David Frawley
- 30 Essential Yoga Poses: For Beginning Students and Their Teachers by Judith Lasater
- Lighthouse Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Binder (provided)
- Light on the Yoga Sūtras of Patañjali by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Yamas & Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- The Bhagavad Gita: The Song of God Retold in Simplified English by Edward Viljoen
- The Upanishads translation and commentary by Eknath Easwaran
- The Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Svatmarama, translated by Brian Dana Akers
- Science of Yoga: Understand Anatomy and Physiology to Perfect Your Practice by Ann Swanson
- The Shiva Samhita: A Critical Edition and English Translation by James Mallinson
- The Gheranda Samhita: The Original Sanskrit and English Translation by James Mallinson
Friday, January 20, 6-9 pm & Saturday, January 21, 1-7:30 pm – Online with replay available
Saturday, February 11, 1-7:30 pm- Online with replay available
Saturday, February 25 & Sunday, February 26, 1-7:30 pm each day – Online with replay available
*Please note – The above weekends are primarily lecture and discussion format and will be open to non-YTT students as well.
Saturday, March 11 & Sunday, March 12, 1-7:30 pm each day – In-person with Machelle Lee
Saturday, March 25, 1-7:30 pm – Online with replay available
Friday, April 14, 6-9 pm and Saturday, April 15, 1-7:30 pm – Online with replay available
Friday, May 12, 6-9 pm – In-person with Rebecca Henry
Saturday, May 13, 1-7:30 pm – In-person with Rebecca Henry
Friday, May 19, 6-9 pm – Online with replay available Rebecca Henry
Saturday, May 20, 1-7:30 pm –In-person with Rebecca Henry
Friday, June 2, 6-9 pm – Online with replay available
Saturday, June 3, 1-7:30 pm – In-person
Friday, June 16, 6-9 pm – Online with replay available
Saturday, June 17, 1-5 pm – In-person
Sunday, June 18, 5-7 pm – In-person
From February 1, 2023 to June 13, 2023, 6-7 pm
Sundays Community Yoga Class Teaching Practicum
From April 23 to June 18 (no class May 28), 3-5 pm
Full cost is $3,185, which includes all class hours and printed handouts/binder.
Price excludes text books, membership at Lighthouse (required) and cost for the 12 hr elective course. Textbooks are estimated at between $70 and $100 for the course. Monthly membership at Lighthouse for YTT students is $80 per month for the year commitment (a discount of 10%). Cost for the elective course can range anywhere from $200-500, depending on your choice.
Payment plans are available. We request that payments be made by check or Venmo; a small service charge will be added to credit card payments.
Payment plan options:
$500 non-refundable deposit paid upon registration
$700 due on Weekend 1
$700 due on Weekend 2
$700 due on Weekend 3
$700 due on Weekend 4
Total due: $3,300
$500 non-refundable deposit paid upon registration
$480 due on Weekend 1
$480 due on Weekend 2
$480 due on Weekend 3
$480 due on Weekend 4
$480 due on Weekend 5
$480 due on Weekend 6
Total due: $3,380
Refund requests made prior to week 1 of the training may be granted in part, excluding the non-refundable $500 deposit.
No refunds after the course starts.
Lighthouse provides a limited number of work-study opportunities, to help our community members with less cash flow fully participate in the trainings. Work study applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and will be allocated based on need.